Best VPN for Online Banking
Progress has brought a lot of technological advancements in our daily routine. Time is money and this means that we always try to come up with special features and conveniences that allow us to save time, without compromising anything in terms of effectiveness.
In the case of online banking, people have found the perfect ally and they can now move on with their lives, without spending time waiting in line and trying to complete their financial transactions physically. With the click of a button, online banking is there for you with unlimited options. Today you don’t even need a real bank account anymore in order to make a bank transfer – an app is enough, as we learn from www.goodbyebanks.com.
However, security has been a matter of debate in online banking. Although online banking is generally considered a blessing, there are some cases of hacked personal information that do make us wonder. How are we going to combine security without breaches and the use of online banking? The answer lies in the use of a VPN. With the VPN, you get to enhance your protection online and at the same time you benefit from the convenience offered by the web. But which VPNs can live up to the task? Let’s have a look!
Last but not least, we have NordVPN. This option uses double data encryption and this is certainly a highlight of the service. Their network includes VPN servers in 559 different locations (49 different countries). No logs are kept and there is Tor over VPN, which makes your connection even more impenetrable. Another thing that you should consider is using an Internet Kill Switch. This is a feature offered by NordVPN.
In case your VPN gets disconnected, your Internet connection stops automatically. We should not even have to tell you how important this is for maintaining anonymity and privacy online. DNS Leak Resolver and Security Extras, such as secret notes, encrypted chat and web proxy extensions are all available, along with advanced security protocols and Bitcoin as the perfect anonymous payment method.
- No logs are kept and anonymity is embraced
- P2P friendly VPN service
- Supports Bitcoin
- Up to six simultaneous devices in use
- Free extras enhancing your online protection
- 30 days money back + 3 days free trial
- Money back guarantee includes Bitcoin subscribers
- Monthly subscription is not that affordable
- Speed can vary during peak hours
- There might be some glitches in performance
- Company Location: British Virgin Islands
- Countries: 94
- Servers: 2000+
ExpressVPN is our number one choice, when it comes to online banking. Their network is SSL secured and they use 256-bit AES encryption. Both of these features add to overall online security. There are no logs kept, which is a great thing in terms of privacy and anonymity. OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP and PPTP protocols are all supported, offering wonderful ways to encrypt and benefit from superb speed rates.
Unlimited bandwidth and data transfer makes you worry not about how often you use the web. There are VPN servers in 87 countries and 136 cities, helping you out a great deal. You can connect to up to 3 different devices at a time, ensuring that all your devices are kept safe. Overall, ExpressVPN lives up to the challenge of online banking security!
- no logfiles
- they accept bitcoin
- non-US company
- very fast download speeds
- filesharing allowed
- quality has a price
We go ahead with our list of the 5 best VPN service providers for online banking and it is time for IPVanish VPN. Here, encryption is also strong. 256-bit AES encryption and all the advanced security protocols are in use (including OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec VPN). Zero traffic logs are kept, which is a basic thing to take into account.
It is super-fast, which means that you can complete your financial transactions in minutes. As for the VPN network, this consists of 40,000+ shared IPs, 500+ VPN servers in 60+ countries. Pretty impressive! Up to two simultaneous connections are allowed, helping you remain safe on your laptop and mobile phone, for example. The apps are user friendly, enabling you to complete your online banking even on the go.
- Accepts Bitcoin payment
- Filesharing allowed
- No free trial
- Lied about keeping no logfiles.
- US Company (NSA, Gag Orders)
- Only two devices at the same time
- Company Locations: Asia, Europe, USA, Oceania, Switzerland
- Countries: 48
- Server: 712
- IP Adresses: 200.000+
Vypr VPN is another great choice for online banking. The company does not use any third parties, since they own their servers and therefore no leaks are permitted. When it comes to security protocols, you get the chance to choose among OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec and Chameleon, with the last one adding an extra layer of encryption and upping the overall security. There is also NAT firewall, which you will find useful.
Their network includes 700+ servers in well over 50 locations and 200,000+ global IPs. Up to 5 simultaneous connections are allowed, helping you to maintain anonymity and privacy on all your devices. With strong encryption and special features increasing the level of security, Vypr VPN is definitely a reliable company to turn to.
- No Logfiles
- Supports many countries
- Own VPN Protocol "Chameleon" to break through the Firewall of China
- No anonymous payment methods
- therefore no real anonymity possible
Next on our list is Hide.me VPN. PPTP, L2TP, IPsec (IKEv1 and IKEv2), OpenVPN, SoftEther and SSTP security protocols are supported and this offers superb flexibility to VPN users. No logs are kept by the service provider, enhancing your state of anonymity. Their VPN network is composed by servers in 29 locations all over the world, so you know that you can choose the perfect server each time.
Port forwarding is another great feature that you should take into account. Of course, unlimited bandwidth and speed rates, as well as data transfer are on offer. It is really amazing that up to 5 devices can be connected to the same VPN account at no extra charge, making sure that you are always kept safe. Even if you want to proceed with online banking activities outside the office, you are secured with Hide.me VPN.
If you want to safeguard your online banking account and enhance your overall security, you should not neglect to do the following:
- Always use a strong password, as this is the alpha and omega of being kept safe. Never use the same password more than once and please do not make it an easy target.
- Store your password at a password manager, if you cannot memorize it. This is far better than using a word or notepad, so as to keep all your codes and passwords stored.
- Embrace two-factor authentication. In this way, there is an extra layering of protection that allows you to be the only one accessing your banking account online.
- Always use up-to-date software for antivirus and antimalware. Obsolete versions do not have the cure to already highlighted threats. Therefore, you should always update your software.
- Do regular checks of your banking account. As a result, you will be able to see if something wrong has occurred and notify the bank accordingly.
- Of course, use a VPN to enhance your overall online privacy!
As you can see, there are quite a few things that you can do towards protecting your online banking account. Do not settle for anything less than what suits your own needs. If you need online banking, do not shut it down because of the potential threats. Instead, make sure that these threats diminish and go away.
Check out our list with the 5 best VPNs for online banking. Let us know if you have used any of them, as well as your feedback and prior experiences. Your opinion is always valued, so do not hesitate to contact us and share your point of view!